Thursday, August 13, 2009

Rt. 66...here we go...

I'm on my way bk to Illinois...I start school in just a couple of weeks...crazy, huh?!? I decided that if I was going to drive cross country I might as well have fun with it, right? So why not live out one of my dreams and travel via Rt. 66. My mom and I arrived in Santa Monica lasl night @ 5pm...we stopped for dinner and had the most amazing cheesburger, Yum :)



It was officially 6pm when we started driving on Rt. 66...We drove through Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, West Hollywood and Arcadia...4 hours and a stop @ the cheescake factory later we decided to get a hotel and call it quits for the night. I wasn't quite expecting the stop and go and hidden paths of Rt. 66. I was a bit frustrated with the lack of preperation and navigation and signage at the start of the trip...there were deffinately some points we were literally driving around in circles. I saw more of downtown LA than I ever expected to...but at least I get to say that I saw Rodeo Drive and Sunset Blvd. Today we will be making our way to Arizona...Let's see what surprises Rt. 66 holds for us...



No comments: